Resizing a belt is a simple process that can be done at home with just a few tools. Here are the steps to resize a belt:
- Determine how much you need to cut off: Put the belt around your waist and mark where you want to cut it with a piece of chalk or a pen. Make sure you leave enough length to buckle the belt comfortably.
- Remove the buckle: Antas's belts have a buckle that can be easily removed with a screwdriver. Look for the screw on the backside of the belt near the buckle. Once the buckle is removed, you can easily resize the belt.
- Cut the belt to size: Use a sharp pair of scissors or a utility knife to cut the belt to the desired length. Be sure to cut the belt straight across and not at an angle, as this can affect the way the belt fits. ***Also singe the threads where the cut was made to make sure they won't run***
- Punch new holes: Once you have cut the belt to size, you will need to punch new holes to accommodate the buckle. Use a leather hole punch or a drill to make new holes in the belt. Be sure to make the new hole the same length from the end as the previous hole. Usually around 1" from the new cut.
- Reattach the buckle: Once you have punched the new hole, reattach the buckle to the belt. Make sure the screws or pins are securely tightened so that the buckle does not come loose. And make sure the belt loop is secured in the apron.
- Test the fit: Put the belt back on and buckle it to make sure it fits comfortably. Adjust the length if necessary, and then enjoy your newly resized belt!
Resizing a belt is a quick and easy process that can save you the hassle and expense of buying a new belt. With just a few simple tools, you can resize your belt to fit perfectly and enjoy it for years to come.